When visiting friends or family for a few days, what you need in your room is different than what you might need at home. Here are a few ideas to make your guests feel extra welcome when they visit:
- Layers of comfortable bedding. A few light layers are better that a single heavy comforter so guests can customize the warmth they need during the night.
- Late night bathroom visits are easier in strange places with a nightlight to guide the way.
- Card with wifi code. Hotels give you the wifi code in writing to make it easy. Why shouldn’t we?
- A basket of forgotten essentials. A travel sized toothpaste, toothbrush, shaver and the like are a thoughtful addition.
- Empty horizontal surfaces. This is not the room to overwhelm with tabletop accessories; guests need room to set out toiletries, make up and electronics.
- Multi plug extension cord. Make it easy for your guests to plug in all their devices.
- Blackout window covering. Shades or curtains, darkening the room for sleep makes it better for most.